10 Things to be Thankful For – The Early Childhood Teacher Edition
10. In addition to our 3 square meals, we get to eat snack twice a day.
9. We don’t have to wear pantyhose, ever.
8. Our work includes snuggling.
7. We don’t have to worry about the Common Core.
6. We know what “ooblek” is even if our smartest friends don’t.
5. Our workday includes reveling in the little things with childlike wonder and excitement.
4. No sitting at a desk unless it is pretend.
3. Nobody cares if you have paint on your sweater or a sticker on your forehead.
2. Sometimes we mistakenly get called “Mommy” or “Daddy” and it gives us a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.
and… the #1 reason Early Childhood Teachers are Thankful This Thanksgiving is:
We get to spend each and every day with the best kind of people- the little kind.
8 Replies to “10 Things to be Thankful For – The Early Childhood Teacher Edition”
LOVE IT!! Shared with others in my town!
Thanks Susan- Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
This is very well put , thanks lol
Thanks Brenda- Try to remember some of these when you get in the classroom next semester.
I shared this with my team
that was great
I love this post. Reminds me that its the little things that count.