10. In addition to our 3 square meals, we get to eat snack twice a day.
9. We don’t have to wear pantyhose, ever.
8. Our work includes snuggling.
7. We don’t have to worry about the Common Core.
6. We know what “ooblek” is even if our smartest friends don’t.
5. Our workday includes reveling in the little things with childlike wonder and excitement.
4. No sitting at a desk unless it is pretend.
3. Nobody cares if you have paint on your sweater or a sticker on your forehead.
2. Sometimes we mistakenly get called “Mommy” or “Daddy” and it gives us a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.
and… the #1 reason Early Childhood Teachers are Thankful This Thanksgiving is:
We get to spend each and every day with the best kind of people- the little kind.